The most recent book by Kevin Trudeau .- "The Weight Loss Cure That They Don't Want You To Know About" - has generated renewed interest in the work of ATW Simeons MD, A British physician who operated his weight loss clinic in Rome , Italy in the 1950's and 1960's. It was Dr. Simeons that was the first to use a substance called "HCG" a natural hormone produced in the placenta of pregnant females. HCG ( Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) is NOT growth hormone but instead is a important substance in pregnancy to protect both mother and child. It is a prescription only material and consequently is regulated by the FDA.
The FDA has advised that HCG has not been approved as safe and effective in the treatment of obesity or weight control. The FDA further states that there is no substantial evidence that HCG increases weight loss beyond that resulting from caloric restriction alone, that it causes a more attractive or normal distribution of fat, or that it decreases the hunger or discomfort associated with calorie restrictive diets.
There has been research done to demonstrate the role that HCG can play as an adjunct in a weight loss program. The physician that has done the most research in this regard is Dr. Daniel Bellucio MD of Buenos Aires, Argentina. The following links are provided so that you may be able to further investigate the use of HCG in a weight loss Program.
For those that may only be interested in non scientific information it is suggested that you visit Dr. Bellucio's general web site www.hcgobesity.org
If you feel that you would like more in depth scientific information on the subject there is a professional section of Dr. Bellucio's website with multiple articles available on the subject of HCG and weight loss. http://hcgobesity.org/research/index.html You will also find an annotated bibliography with over 520 references on the subject of weight loss both in general and with the addition of HCG into the protocol.
The following is a list of the research articles written by Dr. Bellucio and found at this site.
- Controversies in Plastic Surgery: Suction Assisted Lipectomy (SAL) and the hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) protocol for obesity treatment.
- Comprehensive obesity review.
- Adipose tissue metabolism review.
- Methods to estimate fat content.
- Huge body of references on obesity
- The hCG (Human Choriogonadotropin) method for the treatment of obesity: Overcoming the "test of time"
- hCG and obesity: the rationale behind the method (Conference)
- Double Blind study on oral hCG and obesity treatment.
What should I do now?
- Read as much information as you can to allow you to formulate questions concerning the HCG protocol.
- Get a copy of the Kevin Trudeau Book: "The Weight Loss Cure That They Don't Want You To Know About".You can get this at your local book store, or you can click here.
- Read the book by Dr. A.T.W. Simmeons entitled "Pounds and Inches"
- Complete all of the articles published by Dr. Bellucio et. al. which are the most recent and up to date on the sbuject of the HCG weight loss protocol.
- Attend a seminar where you will get information on the specifics of the protocol and the opportunity to have your questions answered by a medical doctor.
- To get started call us at 412.221.5562